Ever wanted to work on the railroad? Here’s your chance! The Rochester & Genesee Valley Railroad Museum needs your help to preserve our local railroad history for the next generation. Attend our New Volunteers Open House!. If you’ve ever had an interest in railroads, equipment, or operation, then consider joining our team!
- Our fleet of historic vintage railroad equipment needs to be kept in top operating condition.
- We also have a collection of heavy construction equipment that helps us maintain and expand our facilities.
- It’s not just trains! Learn how we build tracks, maintain our signal system and more!
- Learn how you can join our regular train crew or become a depot tour guide!
- Volunteer opportunities are open to all ages, all interests, and all skill levels (we ask that volunteers under the age of 16 be accompanied by an adult).
Attend our New Volunteers Open House on Saturday, May 9. We ask that you please register for this event, beginning at 9:30am. Tour runs from 10:00am until lunch is served at 12:30. Think you might want to join our all-volunteer crew and give something back to the community? We look forward to seeing you there!