Livonia, Avon & Lakeville Alco RS-1 No. 20 is our museum’s newest acquisition, donated by the railroad at the end of 2016. Built in 1949 for the Lake Erie, Franklin & Clarion Railroad, it was sold to the LA&L in 1972, becoming the first Alco diesel on their roster. It was retired in 2008 and donated to our museum eight years later. In excellent mechanical condition, this unit is nearly ready for operation on our museum railroad. The only thing stopping us? We need to raise $5,000 to purchase a fresh set of batteries. Our goal is to have this diesel in service in time for our annual Diesel Days event on September 16-17. A donation in any amount will help get us one step closer towards reactivating this historic diesel locomotive.
Donations to the Rochester & Genesee Valley Railroad Museum are tax deductible to the extent allowable by law.