The first priority of the Rochester & Genesee Valley Railroad Museum is the safety of its visitors, volunteers, and members. Our museum is facing a monumental challenge as we prepare to re-open this summer. We are doing everything we can to keep you safe during your visit, but we can’t do it alone. Before you visit, please review the following Visitor Responsibilities that follow the latest guidance from New York State and the Centers for Disease Control. Guests of the museum are invitees to private property, and therefore are required to follow our policies for entry.
Museum Health and Safety Plan
- All handrails and exhibit surfaces are cleaned multiple times throughout the day by museum volunteers.
- Hand sanitizer stations are available throughout the museum grounds.
- Cashless transactions are strongly encouraged for any purchases made at the museum.
- Due to social distancing guidelines, train rides are temporarily suspended until further notice.
- All staff interacting with the public are required to wear PPE.
COVID-19 Visitor Responsibilities
- Please purchase your tickets in advance and either print them out or display on your phone for entry.
- Masks covering the nose and mouth are required for all visitors age 2 and up. Masks may be removed if you are seated to eat or drink.
- Maintain a safe social distance of 6′ from other visitors.
- Use the hand sanitizing stations conveniently located throughout the museum grounds.
- Please stay home if you are sick, prone to infection, or in a “high-risk” category.
We look forward to your visit and we thank you for your support!
The Rochester & Genesee Valley Railroad Museum is a 501(c)3 non-profit educational organization, and we rely on your donations to stay open.