Our snow plow was built by Russell in 1921 for the Boston & Maine railroad. In 1960, it was sold to the Wellsville, Addison & Galeton, a shortline comprised of former Baltimore & Ohio branchlines in New York and Pennsylvania. After the WAG shut down in 1979, snow plow X-3710 was sold to a private individual in 1982 who repainted it into a version of B&M decoration. The plow was purchased in 1997 and donated to the R&GV in 1999.
After careful evaluation, a slow and steady restoration and stabilization process was started, led by the Marks family. This item is currently not on public display.
- Built in 1921 by Russell Snow Plow Co.
- Boston & Maine X-3215 (1921)
- Wellsville, Addison & Galeton X-3710 (1960)
- Private Owner (1982)
- Transported to museum in 1997
- Length: 44′-6″
- Height: 13′-10″
- Weight: 80,000 lbs.